Monday, February 1, 2010

Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year is around the corner, everyone (Chinese) are starting to clean and decorate for their house. And what am i busy with?? *answer: CNY Cookies.
Since i was a kid, i always help my mother to bake CNY cookies few weeks before the Chinese New Year. My mother always say, Ming Shi Chu Gao Tu (A great teacher produces a brilliant student) and she is the Ming Shi (she likes indirectly praising herself). HaHaHa! Anyhow, as long as she is happy with it.
Butter Cookies is my expertise which i learnt myself from the internet. ^.^ Due to limited cookies cutter, i more prefer to make it Love shape and Star shape (for CNY), For X'mas season, Chirtmas Tree, Angel, House and Gingerbread man cookies cutters are my choice.
The most difficult thing to bake is to keep the thickness of the cookies. I knew there is a Rolling Pin Band which i cannot manage to look and purchase from here(Miri, Sarawak). And, my smart boy friend taught me to use 2 chopsticks and put it at the side of the dough, roll until the rolling pin reach to the top of the chopsticks. Then the remaining dough is the standard thickness of the chopsticks which u no need to worry whether your dough is too thick or too thin. You can choose different chopsticks to decide the thickness of your cookies. *Thumb Up
Baking is part of my hobby and i think i can make it as my side income. Hmm.. (thinking)

No comments: